Runtime Broker is a system process in Windows 10/8 computers that handles the permissions between Windows store modern app. As like the Android app permission feature, Runtime Broker in Windows 10/8 handles various permissions such as providing camera, storage, internet access.
In short, Runtime Broker is a security app that prevents Windows store or modern app from unauthorized access on your computer and mobile. This system service only starts when you open the Windows Store app. Unfortunately, Runtime broker.exe does not close itself after closing the modern apps.
Guide to fix Runtime Broker high CPU resource and memory usage:
Sometimes, the Runtime Broker consumes high CPU and memory because of some faulty modern app. If you also experience this issue, follow below listed solution one by one to fix the high CPU resource and RAM memory usage.
Just before starting this tutorial, Go to Task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and close the Runtime Broker. Restart your computer and check your computer again. If the problem persists, follow below provided steps.
Solution 1: Control Runtime Broker high memory usage -Disabling tips and tricks option in Windows 10:
Press Win Key + I simultaneously to open the Settings app and click on the System option.
Now, click or tap on the “Notifications and actions” which available on the left side of the current screen.
Disable the option “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows” option. Now check the task manager to verify the issue persists. If you still experiencing the Runtime Broker high CPU resource and memory usage, follow the next solutions.
Solution 2: Uninstall the faulty app:
- Open the Settings app again and Go to Privacy->Background App.
- Turn off all of the apps from background running, sign out, and sign in again. Once signed in, open any Metro app and close it.
- Now, open the task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and verify if you still have the issue with the Runtime broker.exe service. If you did not find any problem, then this might be caused by any faulty modern app. Turning off all the app from the background is not a good idea.
- To examine which app is causing high CPU utilization and memory usage, just again go to Settings-> Privacy->Background App.Turn on the apps one by one, open the turned on app on your computer and close it. Again, check the task manager to verify Runtimebroker.exe high memory and CPU usage.
- Do the step 4 until you find the faulty app on your Windows 10 computer. Once you found the app, just uninstall it. If the problem is persisting on your PC, just follow the Solution 3.
Solution 3: Update your drivers to fix Runtime Broker high RAM and CPU usage:
Sometimes, Runtimebroker.exe may utilize high CPU and memory usage due to outdated drivers. Update your outdated device drivers and do check the task manager to investigate the strange activities on your computer.
Moreover, you can fix this issue by adjusting the system for best performance. To do so, just search for “view advanced system settings” in start menu or screen and open it.
Select Settings under Performance and select adjust for best performance. Finally hit the OK button and restart your Windows 10/8 computer.
If you still experience the Runtime Broker high CPU and RAM memory usage, comment below and we are happy to help you.
Other Windows 1o tutorials: